Thursday, May 9, 2013

We appreciate our teachers!

So, as many of you know this week is teacher appreciation week.  My four year old is in preschool this year, so this was our first time celebrating our teachers.  At the beginning of the week, us the parents put on a brunch for our preschool teachers.  I was in charge of bringing a nut free quiche, that was also to be made in a nut free facility...I failed at this.  It was a lot harder than it sounds to find a quiche made in a nut free facility, and yes it had to be prepared commercially as my house is a case of anaphylactic shock waiting to happen for someone with a nut allergy.  I did not kill the teacher with my possibly cross contaminated quiche...so that was a win.  In an attempt to make up for my deadly quiche, I decided to make some cute little gifts for the teachers that would not pose any health threats. 

I scoured Pinterest to see what the other crafty mommas were doing, and to get some inspiration.  I saw all these corny but cute ideas and decided I too wanted to be corny but cute, but also somewhat original.  I saw the packets of seeds with the tag that thanked the teacher for helping me grow, and the straw cup with drink mix that said "thanks for quenching my thirst for knowledge"...all of them were cute and corny, but seemed somewhat overdone.  Not to be outdone by the corny Pinterest masses, I went off on my own and came up with this gem.  Behold my cute and corny teacher appreciation gift!


I know what you're going to say, this is crazy corny...but, come on, you've got to admit it's pretty darn cute!

To make this awesome gift, I searched Pinterest for a free printable key themed gift tag.  I found this one that I liked, but there were so many others too.  I then wrote "Education is the key to success.  Thank you for being my teacher!" and had my daughter sign it.  Being a Thirty-One consultant, I have a ton of key fobs on hand that I use as hostess thank you gifts, so I grabbed a key fob and tied it on the card with some curling ribbon...done!  Super easy, super cheap, and super cute! 

We gave these to the teachers today, and not to toot my own horn, but they were a big hit!  I suppose you could make a cute typed card for the gift, but I think there's something to be said for the old school hand written thank you note.  Enjoy!

FYI---We also included the good old nail file with a tag that said "I'd file you under 'A' for awesome!  Thanks for being an Awesome teacher!"...I know, ridiculous...I just can't help myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment