Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Did someone say peep s'mores?

Truth be told, my girls are super picky eaters.  I'm constantly trying to find new things I can make for them, in an attempt to broaden their food horizons.  I get sick of making the same old things time after time.  Now I know this recipe is neither healthy, nor nutritious, but we follow the idea of everything in moderation in our house...so sweets are okay from time to time.

I like to make themed treats for my girls around the holidays.  For example, for Christmas I made the melted snowman cookies, for Halloween we had ghost lollipops.  So, when I saw this cute idea posted from a pampered chef relative on facebook (Dinner with Pampered Patsy), I knew we just had to make it.  It's really quite simple, and an ingenious way to use up all of those peeps the kids get around Easter (or any holiday really now).

Step 1:  To make these adorable peep s'mores, you'll need to gather the usual s'more suspects, chocolate bars, graham crackers, and instead of plain old marshmallows you'll use Peeps.



Step 2:  Assemble as you would a normal s'more.  Start with a graham cracker square on the bottom, followed by a strip of a Hershey's chocolate bar, and topped with a peep.  Place the s'more on a microwave safe plate.




Step 3:  Now, comes the fun part!  Pop this in the microwave for 12 seconds, and watch the peep grow.  Once the microwave stops, he'll shrink right down, so don't worry about a huge peep mess all over the microwave. Once out of the microwave top with the other graham cracker square and enjoy!



My girls not only loved eating these, but loved making them too.  It was something so easy for small little hands to put together, and they were so excited to be able to cook it themselves and push the buttons on the microwave.  Their most favorite part however, was watching the peep grow while it was cooking in the microwave...who knew a box of Peeps could be so much fun!

Stay tuned for the never ending baby blanket...it's finally coming to an end!

No comments:

Post a Comment